Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Madam Charles Joseph Walker (Madam CJ Walker)- First African American Female Self Made Millionaire


Image result for madam cj walker 
Sarah Breedlove

 (December 23, 1867 – May 25, 1919), known as Madam C. J. Walker,

 was an African American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and a political and social activist.
She is known as the first female self-made millionaire in America.
Madam Charles Joseph Walker was born near Delta, Louisiana. After suffering from a scalp ailment that resulted in her own hair loss, she invented a line of African-American hair care products in 1905.
Spouses: Charles Joseph Walker (m. 1906–1912),
Moses McWilliams (m. 1882–1887)
 
“I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South. From there I was promoted to the washtub. From there I was promoted to the cook kitchen. And from there I promoted myself into the business of manufacturing hair goods and preparations….I have built my own factory on my own ground.”
Madam Walker
July 1912

For  Product Line visit

http://www.mcjwbeautyculture.com

The Walker legacy lives on through Madam C.J. Walker's original manufacturing company, which still exists and is doing business as Madame C.J. Walker Enterprises, Inc.
The company manufactures Madam C.J. Walker's original hair care products, and has expanded the original hair care line with new all natural Vegetable Shampoo and Conditioners.
free number is 866-552-2838.
Walker hair products are also available for purchase in the Indiana Historical Society's gift shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment