Thursday, November 22, 2018

What if Jesus were a police officer

Things That Get in the Way of Our Relationship With God

 

Many have yet to see, “The light

We live busy lives. We often don’t pay attention to God tugging on our hearts or hear Him whisper, “I want to fellowship with you.”
We don’t stop long enough to listen.

 Image result for jesus christ




But … what if Jesus were a police officer and He just pulled you over? An exchange might go something like this:
Jesus: Do you know why I stopped you?
You: No, not really. I wasn’t speeding, I don’t have an open container, I wasn’t smoking a joint, and I only left 15 minutes early from work today. So, what’s the beef?
Jesus: You’re on the road to death and I wanted to stop you before it was too late.
You: What? Looks like Hawthorne Boulevard to me.
Jesus: I also have a warrant for your arrest.
You: Arrest!?! For what?
Jesus: For sinning. God the Father wants you in protective custody.
You: You’re going to throw me in jail for sinning?
Jesus: You already are in jail for sinning. I’m here to set you free.
Please step out of the car.

You: What for?
Jesus: I need to read you your rights before you say another word.
You: This is a roust! You gonna handcuff me, too?
Jesus: You already are handcuffed by the world, you just don’t know it.
You step out of the car and turn to face Him. You look into His piercing eyes and realize there is no deceit in this man.
Jesus: You have the right to remain silent and continue to ignore God’s calling.        Anything you say can and will be used against — or for you — in the Court of God on Judgment Day.
You have the right to an attorney. You cannot afford this attorney, but should you choose Him, He will represent you without charge because the price has already been paid.
Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?”
You: What do you mean the price has already been paid?
Jesus stretches out his hands, and you see the scars where He was nailed to the cross. …
Jesus: God the Father wants you in protective custody, to save you from the wiles of the devil, and a life of disappointments.
But the choice is yours. I will not protect you against your will.

1 comment:

  1. The UP police board has organized an online examination on 18 and 19 June 2018 at pre-allotted examination centers in Uttar Pradesh state to recruit police for UP. Many lakhs of candidates have participated in the exam and the UP Police Result 2018 will be announced soon in the month

    ReplyDelete